I don’t like this one.
This is from the first machine I built, and so far the only one that does not use stretched paper on panel. Instead it was pulled around dowel rods and held onto the rods with grommets over screws in the dowels. Those circles in each corner are the grommets. The machine, I think, is the prettiest, but produced the least interesting results. The thing wouldn’t paint. I kept refreshing the watercolors in it and it would rain and the watercolors would disappear, but the paper never really changed much. I’ve made alterations to this one to improve performance and stretched a new sheet on it, so let’s see.
I’ve decided to properly name my machines to feminize and humanize them. This one is “Bertha,” built and posted October 6th below. It’ll be fun to talk about them like members of the family.